I want to thank Cheri, https://joyouslyhopeful.com, for nominating me for this award. I admire you as a person and I am so grateful to have found your blog and this community! My life has been more hectic lately so I have not been able to keep up on reading others blogs as much as I would like to, but don’t think that I am not supporting you because I am! I have connected with every single blog I have chosen to follow thus far and it continues to transform me into a more complete and empathetic person! I admire each and every one of you and thank you for sharing your stories/writings/rantings!
My other blog that I recently started, https://aspiringherbalist.wordpress.com/, was also nominated by Cheri and this acceptance post is for both of the nominations. Thank you again for this honor and recognition!
This award is difficult for me because I am torn on what approach to take when stating facts below about myself. Part of me wants to be brutally honest and divulge information about what really has defined me in life and connect more fully with my readers, whom I consider friends. The other part of me wants to just think up some less serious facts that are just more fun and lighthearted. I guess this is one thing about me:
- I have two sides doubting each other constantly and it makes me anxious and uncertain. It can really tire me out and prevent me from pursuing things I truly desire. My inner voice that sometimes supports me and other times just sabotages my confidence into pieces and stomps on it.
Honesty is a trait I admire and has been the vital force behind every true, reciprocal friendship/relationship I have ever held to be wholehearted and consummative. So my next fact…
2. I am an open person who feels my stories can help others to relate to me and the world around them. I think the world needs as much honesty as it can get and people who are willing to listen, without judgement. I feel true, genuine, brutal honesty about who we truly are can some day save the world!
I live by the philosophy of balance (Taoism). I truly believe the world and everything in it are constantly working towards harmony with one another, internally and externally. This is something that stems from my personal introspection of life and all that it has revealed to me up to this point. It is where the foundation of my spirituality forms. Which brings me to my third fact:
3. I deeply and sincerely believe balance and moderation are the keys to fulfillment and finding peace for ourselves and our world around us. I have found meditation, yoga, the food I eat, and drinking tea limit my vices and are vital in keeping my mind and body healthy.
4. My favorite book is the Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and my all time favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn!
5. I feel inadequate a lot and question my abilities often. I am passionate about many things but feel the weight of the world and its realities pushing against me. This is a challenge that causes me to question, reconsider, and doubt myself. Then I slowly find my strength again and fight to persevere. I would relate it to the feeling of being on a merry-go-round, spinning fast, slowing down, and starting over again. Always grounded but a bit out of my control.
6. I find great comfort and solace in nature; especially my garden. When it is the off season (I live in Wisconsin so winter lasts for about 7-8 months), I often times gaze out at the snow covered space that, in summer, is filled with life and a miniature, intricate ecosystem I have helped to create; yearning for its consolation.
7. I love the sound of tap dancing and the smell of freshly cut lavender. I don’t like talking on the phone, but I am always up for an intimate, one-on-one conversation with good friend! I truly believe there is no better conversation than one that is had in person, with facial expressions, hand gestures, and all the affection of togetherness!
I guess I chose a little of both. Moderation is always best! Thank you for listening!
Here comes the difficult part, choosing 15 other bloggers to pass this award onto. It is difficult because I admire so many, and I also do not like to burden people with awards that require tasks. Since I am one who likes to live and lead by example I am going to honor 15 bloggers but not require anything else from them. I just want to say Thank You for your support, kindness, and inspirations! You are truly making the world a better place through your honesty, art, and words!
My Honorees Are….
- WordArt https://wordart11.wordpress.com/
- Of Tales & Dreams https://oftalesanddreams.wordpress.com/
- oldsoulwrites https://oldsoulwrites.wordpress.com/
- Ipuna Black https://ipunablack.com/
- HolisticBeauty https://holisticbeautyy.wordpress.com/
- ShashaSelflove https://shashaselflove.com/
- They call me Betty https://theycallmebetty.com/
- Project Believe In Yourself https://projectbiy.com/
- What I Saw Riding My Bike Around Today https://whatisawridingmybikearoundtoday.com/
- Atheopaganism https://atheopaganism.wordpress.com/
- Nightjars & Damselflies https://nightjarsanddamselflies.wordpress.com/
- An Accidental Anarchist http://anaccidentalanarchist.com/
- Through the Looking glass https://leydreiinaa.wordpress.com/
- Lovewriter https://closethetruth.wordpress.com/
- Jamisonwrites https://jamisonwrites.com
These are blogs that I find truthful, moving, and inspirational. Some have moved me to tears and enlightened me in a way that is only possible to do by sharing words and stories. Simple words that have allowed me to connect and make friends with people I may never meet in person, but will definitely always hold a special place in my heart!
Thank you and please take this award as an honor. Do not feel obligated to fulfill unless you would like to promote your award and pay it forward!
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank the person who nominated you for this award and provide a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 15 other bloggers.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.